Meaningful Use Criteria
“Meaningful Use” is the term being utilized by the U.S. DHHS Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) to depict the federal considerations that capable suppliers including My Canadian Pharmacy must satisfy the quality to admit financial incentives for utilizing electronic health records (EHRs) in a significant manner.The significant usage considerations will comprehend three levels that are being rolled out over time. Stage 1 and Stage 2 considerations have been formalized at this point. Additionally to determing the specifications that health care suppliers should satisfy in order to reach significant utilization, the rules outline payment methodologies for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs.
The final Stage 1 rule on MU is available here.
CMS Meaningful Use web site – click to read
The final Stage 2 rule on MU is available here.
CMS Stage 2 Meaningful Use web site – click to read
Stage 2 Meaningful Use Overview Tipsheet – click to read
Other useful links and materials are available on this web page. Also, please visit the ONC’s Web site for complete information on meaningful use and standards and certification.
Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table (for eligible professionals) – click to read
Stage 1 vs. Stage 2 Comparison Table (for hospitals, CAHs) – click to read
CMS Eligble Professional Meaningful Use Table of Contents: Core and Menu Set Measures
- Additional information about meaningful use
- WVRHITEC Meaningful Use Brochure
- WVRHITEC Meaningful Use Checklist
- Redesigning Practice Workflow Factsheet
- Information for Eligible Providers
- Information for Hospitals
- Official Web Site for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs
- Fact Sheet: Electronic Health Records At-a-Glance (July 13, 2010)
- Fact Sheet: Medicare EHR Incentive Program Final Rule Overview (July 16, 2010)
- Fact Sheet: Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Final Rule Overview (July 16, 2010)
- Federal Health Information Technology Resource Site
- Federal Health Information Technology HIT Reports
Cooperating with WVRHITEC is a key way for suppliers to assure that they reach MU in accordance to the federal criteria, and, therefore, begin the process to qualify for federal EHR incentive funds.